Frequently Asked Questions.

If you can’t find the answer to your question below, please let us know! 

Borough Information

What utilities service the borough?

Here is a list of utility companies you may want to call to set up service.

Penn Power 1-800-720-3600

Peoples Gas 1-800-764-0111

Armstrong Cable 1-844-423-5049
Century Link 1-877-862-9343

ECWSA 724-432-3428

What garbage and recycling agencies service the borough?

Garbage and Recycling Information

Residents must contact Vogel Disposal  (724) 625-1511 or Waste Management (800) 866-4460
to arrange trash and recycling service.

Your contracted service supplies trash bins. Recycle bins can be requested by calling the borough office and the Public Works crew will deliver one to your address.

Please contact your curbside hauler to be sure the RIGHT recyclables are in your bin!

Butler Co. Dept. of Recycling & Waste Mgt.
PO Box 1208,
Butler, PA 16001
Phone 724-284-5305
Email skelly@co.butler.pa

How do I get a street light fixed?

Contact the borough secretary at 724-538-8320 ext. 3 or call Penn Power at 1-888-544-4877 to report the street light outage. The light should be back on within a week.

Where can I find the street paving schedule?
How can I get involved in the community?

Check out the community page to see clubs, organizations, and houses of worship in Evans City.

Community Events

How can I add my organization or business to the website?

Please fill out the contact form on the contact page or email ecboro@evanscity.us.

How can I add my event to the event calendar?

Submit a request on the Add to Calendar page and we’ll review the submission.

Where can I find an event permit?

The special event permit can be found here. All requests must be received by the borough 45 days in advance of the proposed event date.


How do I add my event to the community sign?

Please fill out the Community Sign Request form.  Any questions may be directed to Ann Kilby at (724) 586-2833.

Council Meetings

When are council meetings?

The Evans City Borough Council holds two types of meetings: Regular Monthly Meetings on the first Monday of the month and Agenda Setting Meetings on the last Wednesday of the month. Both meetings are open to the public. View the calendar here.

Where can I view the upcoming agenda or past minutes?

Documents from the council meetings, including agendas, minutes, budgets, and audits for the last 2 years can be viewed on the website here. Documents older than 2 years may be viewed at the borough building by appointment. 

How do I raise a concern with the council?

If you wish to make a public comment, you may attend a scheduled council meeting. To submit a public comment without attending the meeting, you may do so via email or phone before 5 PM the day of the meeting. All public comments will be recorded in the minutes. If you wish to add an item to the agenda, you must submit it by noon on the day of the agenda setting meeting. View more information about council meetings here.


Skip to content